Irvinebank State School is located approximately 26 km west of Herberton.
The first Educational facility in Irvinebank was a private school established in 1885 by Mrs Janet McTavish.
On the 1st November 1886, Mrs McTavish was appointed the first teacher for the new Provisional school which operated out of the first School of Arts building.
By 1888 the community wanted a State School to replace the Provisional school. A new State School No. 0519 along with a residence was built in 1889 and still operates today in the original red cedar constructed building. The school enjoys historical tones whilst still providing a modern educational facility utilising the latest technology including wireless internet, iPads and interactive whiteboards.